Policies and FAQs
Some of our rules are required by law, while others are simply to remind you to “treat others as you wish to be treated”, but all of these rules are designed to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay.
Check-In & Check-Out
- Check-In Time is 2pm-6pm for campsites and 3pm – 6pm for guest rooms and the Airstream.
- Late Check-ins (after 6pm) please call so we can explain our late check-in procedures.
- Check-Out Time by 12pm for campsites and 11am for guest rooms and the Airstream.
- Late Check-Out is $9.99 per hour and only til 2pm, all late checkouts must be approved in advance.
Quiet Hours & Generators
- Quiet Hours 10pm-7am
- Quiet hours are strictly enforced all day guests must depart by 9pm
- Generators hours are between 9am-9pm
- Excessively loud music or noise disruptive to other campers is not permitted at any time.
- Office Hours are between 10am-6pm
- There is a 50% deposit for all reservations. This deposit is refundable, less a small fee, per our cancellation policy.
- A $15 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations for short term RV and tent sites, up to 48 hours prior to check-in date. Cancellations less than 2 days in advance will result in the forfeit of the deposit.
- A $50 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations for long term RV and tent sites (2 weeks or longer), up to 48 hours prior to check-in date. Cancellations less than 2 days in advance will result in the forfeit of the deposit.
- A $20 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations for the Airstream, up to 48 hours prior to check-in date. Cancellations less than 2 days in advance will result in the forfeit of the deposit.
- A $20 cancellation fee applies to Inn Rooms, up to 5 days prior to check-in date. Cancellations less than 5 days in advance will result in the forfeit of the deposit.
- All facilities are use at your own risk.
- Sites are limited to one vehicle and one tent or trailer.
- Additional vehicles are to be permitted and parked in one of our four parking lots. Unregistered vehicles may be towed at the owners expense.
- NO WASHING, repairing or painting RVs or vehicles onsite
- Sites include 2 adults and up to 4 children. Each additional adult is $7.99 per person per day up to the sites maximum occupancy.
- For the health of our trees nothing should be tied to them including pets, hammocks, cloths lines, etc.
- Self standing clothes racks are permitted for pool towels and bathing suits only
- No sheds, refrigerators, or storage containers left outside of your unit
- No table top grills on our picnic tables
- No fireworks
- Guests are responsible to keep their sites neat, clean and orderly manner
- Do not remove tables or fire rings from other sites
- The maximum stay length at a tent site is 14 days. There are no seasonal or long term tent rentals.
- The maximum stay length in a self contained RV is 30 days, with the exception of approved monthly rentals with a signed agreement.
- Maximum stay is 24 weeks (if available) with monthly agreement provided that:
- All RV’s must be self-contained Travel Trailers, Fifth-wheels, or Motor Homes only-no park models, tent, pop-ups or vans.
- RV’s must have proof of inspection by American National Standard Institute (ANSI).
- No Drop Offs. Your tow vehicle must remain on the property for duration of stay.
- Maximum stay is 2 weeks for:
- RV’s manufactured 15 years or more from current year.
- Any tents, tent campers, camper vans, cabover campers and any other type of camper that is not self-contained.
- Self-contained is defined as follows: containing separate black and grey holding tanks, a fresh water holding tank, full kitchen facilities and full bathroom facilities.
- Day guests must be announced before arrival, and must register at the office.
- There is a $7.99 per person fee for day guests over the age of 2 years old.
- All day guest vehicles must be permitted and park in the parking lot, not at campsites. Failure to do so may result in the vehicle being towed at the owners expense.
- Site maximum is 6 people total, including your day guests. If campers plus day guests exceeds 6 people you may not gather at the campsite, however we are happy to accommodate your group outside of the campground at the Ice Cream Stand or you could consider renting the Pavilion for an additional fee. (Why? The state of Vermont has made this rule based on water and sewer usage. Day use sites are on a separate well and septic than the rest of the campground.)
- OWNERS MUST PICK UP AFTER THEIR PETS EVERY TIME
- Pets are $2.99 per pet per day
- Pets must have a record of all current vaccinations, specifically including rabies
- Pets must be on a leash, no more than 6 ft long, and under the control of their owner. Children are not to walk pets without the supervision of an adult.
- Noisy and/or Aggressive pets may be asked to leave
- For your pets safety they are not to be left unattended outside
- For your pets safety they are not to be left outside overnight
- Pets are not to be tied to trees
- Pets are not permitted in any building, mini golf course, at the ice cream stand or the pool.
- No washing pets outside of your unit or in our restrooms. We have a list of groomers available at the office
- The rules for our dog park are posted at the dog park
- MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES
- If you brought your own alcoholic beverages they must be consumed on a campsite, or within a tent or trailer, per Vermont State Law
- Alcoholic beverages purchased in the camp store may be consumed in our public spaces (pool, miniature golf, etc…) however they may not be consumed within the camp store or office.
- There is NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY, swim at your own risk.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- No Pets at the pool
- No smoking at the pool
- Hours of operation are posted at the pool
- Proper swimming attire should be worn, no cut off shorts or street clothes
- Per VT Law all guests must shower prior to entering the pool, to remove bodily oils
- Baby’s are required to wear a swim diaper
- No pushing, running, or boisterous play
- No glass
Fires and Wood
- Fire pits are not to be moved
- No fire should ever be left unattended
- Firewood must be purchased from our store or from within 10 miles of the campground (NO OUT OF STATE WOOD PERMITTED)
- Guest will obey local fire codes, and reframe from burning wood if forrest fire threats are high
- Firewood collection is permitted, but limited to fallen dead timbers
- Do not use fire rings as a trash pit, please use trashcans and dumpsters provided.
In Case of Emergency
- DIAL 911
- Local non-emergency phone numbers are posted on the door at the office
- Washers and dryers are located in the Laundry Room
- Hours of operation are posted in the Laundry Room
- Pets are not permitted in the Laundry Room
- No pet laundry including pet blankets, pet beds, or pet outfits in our machines
- Laundry should not be left unattended, Hidden Acres is not responsible for lost, stolen or moved laundry
- Our sewer system is a septic system and can not handle baby wipes, paper towels, or sanitary napkins, please ensure these items are put into the trash.
- Dump station use is included for campers.
- Welcome to Vermont! We love our wildlife here so we ask the following of our guests for your and their safety
- Do not feed the wildlife
- Ensure all trash and recycling are placed in our trashcans and/or dumpsters, do not leave any trash outside your unit
- Do not leave your pets unattended
Trash / Recycling / Composting
- We care about the environment. Please take a moment to separate your trash, recycling and compost and place them in the correctly labeled trashcans and/or dumpsters.
- Smoking is only permitted at your campsite
- Our public facilities (pool, mini-golf, ice cream stand, pavilion etc…) are all non-smoking, this includes e-cigarettes and vapes.
- All cigarette butts are to be disposed of properly, do not drop them on the ground or leave them in the fire pits
- Speed limit is 5 miles per hour
Website Legal and Privacy
- Please review our full legal policy here